Cameron Trading Post:
Established in 1916, this place offers one stop for shopping, dining, resting and fueling. From t-shirts and trinkets to fine Native American jewelry, pottery, basketry, this location offers a little respite to your weary shoulders. This location houses a gas station and Cameron Post Office.
Cameron Suspension Bridge (now old and no traffic allowed):
A scenic and standing, still tall, over Little Colorado River the suspension bridge formerly carried U.S. Route 89 was built in 1911. It has an overall length of 680 feet (210 m) and a main span of 660 feet (200 m). The bridge was built by the Midland Bridge Company of Kansas City for the Office of Indian Affairs and the Indian Irrigation Service. W. H. Code of the Midland Bridge Company was the designer. The suspension design was chosen to address the steep-walled canyon at the crossing, which required a single span with no temporary falsework. When built, the Cameron bridge was the longest suspension span west of the Mississippi River. It was replaced by a newer deck truss bridge in 1959.
The Cameron Suspension Bridge is the oldest suspension bridge in Arizona, and one of only two of that type in the state. The Cameron Suspension bridge was added to the National Register of Historic Places on June 5, 1986.