Sweden is a Scandinavian nation located in Northern Europe. It borders Norway to the west and north, Finland to the east, and is connected to Denmark in the southwest by a bridge-tunnel across the Øresund Strait.
Sweden is the largest country in Northern Europe, the third-largest country in the European Union and the fifth largest country in Europe by area. Nicknamed Det avlånga landet, the Elongated Country, Sweden stretches 1600 kilometres from top to bottom.
The capital city is Stockholm and is built on 14 islands. It has more than 50 bridges, as well as the medieval old town, Gamla Stan, royal palaces and museums such as open-air Skansen. Gamla Stan is one of the largest and best preserved medieval city centers in Europe.
Currency: Swedish Krona
Official language: Swedish, a North Germanic language
Nick name: Elongated Country
Souvenir: Dala Horse
Coffee: Fika (Both used as noun & verb)
Traditional Swedish Dish: Kanelbulle (Cinnamon roll)
Top Places to visit in the country:
1. Stockholm – Gamla Stan – The Old Town
2. Stockholm Archipelago
3. The Drottningholm Palace
4. Gotland – column-like lime stone landform – Tourist Mecca for Swedes
5. The Öresund or Øresund Bridge across the Öresund strait between Sweden and Denmark.
6. Ale stenar – Ale’s Stones – a megalithic monument in Scania similar to Stonehenge, a prehistoric monument in Wiltshire, England
Top 10 places to visit or things to do in Stockholm:
1. Gamla Stan
2. Abba Museum
3. Vasa Museum
4. Nobel Museum
5. The Drottningholm Palace
6. Presidential Palace
7. German Church
8. Drottninggatan (Queen Street)
9. Ice Bar by Ice Hotel
10. Under the Bridges of Stockholm
Watch our Sweden playlist on You Tube: